AQUAFIN-2K/M (in short 2K/M) is a state-of the art, asbestos free, cementitious, acrylic emulsion based, flexible protective coating and waterproof barrier. This product is two-component (powder and liquid) and resistant to water and mild abrasion.
Features & Advantages
- Above or below grade exterior applications.
- Horizontal, vertical, or overhead applications to concrete, cementitious overlays, masonry, brick and parging (render).
- Above grade block (CMU) and concrete substrates as a waterproofing base coat under stucco/texture coats.
- Exterior waterproofing of new or old below grade foundations.
- Terraces and balconies over unoccupied space (stand-alone or under tiles), parapets, planter boxes, plaza decks, stadiums.
- Mechanical & equipment rooms.
- Potable water, wastewater, sea water and marine aquarium tanks and other reinforced concrete structures.
- Underneath flexible thin-set tile mortars (i.e. shower pans, sanitary rooms, kitchens, balconies, etc.).
- Self curing, 2-component waterproofing membrane
- Solvent Free – 0g/L VOC
- Potable water NSF/ANSI 61 certified by WQA
- Does not support the growth of mold & mildew
- Meets or exceeds ANSI A118.10 and 12UV, weather & freeze/thaw resistant
- Breathable (not a vapor barrier)
- Applied to moist/damp substrates
- Resists strong positive side hydrostatic pressure
- Active barrier to carbon dioxide (CO2)
- Carbonation protection and carbon dioxide-screen: 40 mils (1 mm) 2K/M thickness warrants same protection as 12” (300 mm) of concrete.
Concrete Substrate Standards
Hardness R28 = 15 Mpa
Humidity = < %5
Temperature = +5°C ile +30°C
Relative humidity = < %85
For information about other substrates, please contact with our technical department.